Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

One of the favorite verses of mine and my mom's is "Be still and know that I am God." We each have our own reasons for loving that verse, but the heart behind it is the same. It is just knowing that we can be assured that God is able to handle anything that we might be facing.
Now, if you know me, "Be still" isn't quite how you would describe my (or my mom's) personality. We are doers, go-getters, planners and shakers.
That is why I was so excited to read in my Bible this morning: "Oh, God, do not be still" Psalm 83:1.
So, as God calls me to be still in anticipation of what He has for me, I am encouraged that He is not still!

Solomon said there is a time for everything -- what do you need to be doing right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment