Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Top Ten to China

Hmmm, if you could edit your life to two boxes, what would be in it?

I have spent the past several weeks in Washington doing exactly that. Our family of six can take with us to China 10 boxes at 50 pounds each.
So, I wanted to give you a glimpse of what each box looks like:
Box 1: Homeschool books! Our dearly loved treasures that take us to many different worlds through a turn of the page.
Box 2: Kitchen items, including Pyrex casseroles, my vegetable peeler, China set, and knives.
Box 3: Electronics, including our computer and monitor, various cables and other techie stuff I don’t understand.
Box 4: More homeschool books!
Box 5: Clothes.
Box 6: Toys and games – wooden train set, LEGOs, memory game and more.
Box 7: Household items and craft items – fabric scissors, paper, stamps.
Box 8: Did I mention that we like books?

Box 9: The biggest box so it holds odd –shaped things like a wooden Mancala board (it’s light!), silver vases that make me smile, a math thing, the Chinese fan from our wedding.
Box 10: The sweetest of them all … an electric piano keyboard for Justice. A gift given to us at just the right time!

Stay tuned for the next installment when I list the top 10 things we needed to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment