Thursday, July 22, 2010

Feeling a bit stiff-necked -- I need a massage!

  Every time I would read about the Israelites journey in Exodus I would marvel at all their complaining! How could they whine when God would provide them manna in the morning, meat at night, water in the desert ... not to mention just being rescued from the mighty Egyptian army.
  Yes, I thought all those things -- until tonight. On July 22, I officially joined the ranks of being one of God's "Stiff-Necked People."
  We are on the eve of meeting with our realtors to discuss a price drop for the sale of our home. It has been on the market for almost two months.
  I could feel the anxiety rise as Jon and I were praying about it tonight, and for the first time on this adventure, I had the thought of abandoning it all and running back to the security of Microsoft (read that as Egypt!) and living in our beautiful home (hmm, slave to the American Dream) forever!
  The thought lasted for about six seconds, but it was long enough. I had just entered the Stiff-Necked Zone.
  So, welcome to Our Dream, the good, the bad and the downright crazy! Perhaps not the best way to start a Blog, but hey, at least you know it will be real.

Have you said "thank you" today to the people who help make your daily life run smoothly?

No comments:

Post a Comment