Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I just lost 50 pounds!

  To fully understand my secret to success you need to understand something about me -- I am a book lover. I love how they look, how they feel, how they SMELL! Yes, how they smell!
  To illustrate even further, when I borrow a book from someone it's as if I have a precious document in my possession. I will keep it in a special bag and tuck it safely away in my sweater drawer when I'm not reading it. And when I'm ready to peruse the pages, I gingerly open the book just enough to take a peek inside.
  I would never dream of bending the spine, or folding a page, even writing in a book only happens if I read something utterly profound.
  Ready for my weight loss secret? I got rid of 30+ years worth of memories in the form of year books and cook books. So you might be thinking at this point "big deal," but let me go on. I, Mrs. Book Lover, tore out the pages I wanted and recycled the rest.
  When Jonathan wanted a favorite chicken recipe of ours and I pulled out a ragged sheet from a cookbook I could see his eyes bulge and heard a gasp as he saw what I had done. Yes, in my zeal to purge I have broken my oath to lovingly care for ALL books.
   But, I lost 50 pounds!

Are there areas in your life that could use a little weight loss management?

No comments:

Post a Comment