Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Screaming Without Words

I saw her even before I saw her sign.

She was sitting there, hunched over, hood on, face to the ground, a nameless person on the streets of Guangzhou.

I knelt beside her and put my hand around her.

I asked if she spoke English. Nothing. I explained in Chinese that I don't speak Mandarin. Nothing.
I came around to her front and looked into her face and said, "I see you. I see your pain. God sees your pain and He loves you. And we love you. You were made with a plan and you have a purpose."

I silently prayed.

As I walked away I knew full well that she could be a fraud, there are so many in the city. After all, who just carries around a piece of chalk to scribble on the sidewalk?

But, one thing is certain. She is a girl who somewhere along the way got broken.

We're all broken in some way.

Thank God that He is the master craftsman who can put us back together!

No comments:

Post a Comment