Thursday, April 5, 2012

And the winner is ...

There seems to be a measuring stick for everything. How good you are doing at school, how much weight you have lost, how much your investments have grown (or not) ...

But somehow there's not a fool-proof way to rate our success in China the same way that the world does. There's no percentage scale, numbers or letter grade that could accurately portray our time here.

At times the non-information makes me feel anxious. I wonder if I'm doing a good job? Am I doing enough? Have I shared the gospel enough? Did I do it well? Did I turn someone away from God? The doubts and questions can go on and on.

But, in God's lovingkindness He reminds me that what He's after is my obedience -- is my heart so fully submitted and abandoned to Him that that's the only thing that matters to me? It's in those moments that I need to step away from believing that the fate of the world depends on me, and remember that it rests on Him.

Whose measuring stick are you standing next to?

No comments:

Post a Comment