Friday, December 31, 2010

Family on a mission

So many people just look at us and shake their heads. They just can't believe that we can take our four little guys halfway across the world to an underdeveloped country.
Some days I wonder what we're doing here, too. I laugh because I think we look like a traveling circus! Boys running here and there, climbing walls, and wanting to shoot themselves out of canons.
But days like today help me to remember that I can touch the hearts of the people of Cambodia. I was able to sit down with one of the men held at the prison that we go to and just listen to him. Hear how his heart is broken because of a strained relationship with his mother. How his body is sick, but yet he is hopeful for the future. I was able to tell him that my Jesus healed many people and that He can heal him. I prayed for him, nothing outwardly spectacular happened, but I'm trusting that there was some sort of inner change.
We're not here to save the world in 60 days. We're not about saying how easy and perfect our lives are, either. We're just doing the best we can with what God has given us.
Praying that 2011 will be your year to go after all that God has for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment