Friday, December 3, 2010

What will we be when we grow up?

What do you get when more than 2,000 missionaries gather together to celebrate 50 years of YWAM? No, it's not a trick question. I'm guessing that a lot of people are saying, "Here I am, send me!" this week.
Which leads me to my question ... God, what do you want us to do when we grow up?
For the first time in this journey I'm wondering if we'll recognize it when we see it. Until then it's kinda fun pondering the possibilities -- will we be working with computers in Jamaica, working at an orphanage in China, testing XBOX games in Seattle?
Hmm, we don't know yet, but our Heavenly Father does and I think He's giddy with anticipation for what He has for our family.
In an article about raising children as part of a missions team Darlene Cunningham writes:
"As we put our obedience to God first, He is far more committed to our families and our ministries than we are, and His will is always the highest and best for everyone and everything. If we seek Him and obey Him in detail, He will never call us to do something that will harm the family."
Thank you, God, that you have a plan for EACH member of Your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment