Friday, October 1, 2010

The First 24

Aloha from Hawaii!
It's been a mad dash for us to get to the STARTING LINE, but we did it! With the help of amazing families like the Ficks, Parsons, Yaholkovskys, Lees and Iwasakis our last day in Seattle was spent dropping off our van for shipping to Hawaii, doing a last-minute dump run to clean the house (*did I tell you GOD SOLD THE HOUSE!!), fix damage done due to a leak in the roof, and trying to think thin so that our bags don't go over 50 pounds!
*I need to break away from the story for this important message -- Isaiah just woke up and got changed into a long-sleeved shirt and pants! I think he'll soon learn :)
The plane ride went well! Boys did great, parents did OK, too!
This is where I want to record my initial thoughts, because I know that all too soon it will become common place in my mind.
I was struck with the landscape. I never realized the vast expanse of the lava rocks everywhere! But it was good to see some old familiar friends -- plumeria trees, palm trees, lizards and roaches.
When we arrived, we got to meet the leaders of our school and see our new digs for the quarter. It's actually quite spacious. You walk in the door, and on the left is a closet followed by the kitchen area that has a micro, cupboard and a full-size refrigerator.
On the right is more closets and the sink, with an attached shower stall and toilet.
The main floor has a queen size bed, desk, rattan seating set (totally a Hawaii thing!), plastic dining set, a pack and play for Levi and high chair.
Now, for the loft. I know everyone's been wondering about this. Think Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as they walk toward the door and the room gets smaller and smaller. That's what it is. So, there are stairs from the main living area to go to the open lof with 3 twin beds for the bigger boys.
There's also 5 dressers -- more than we even owned!

I will continue more later, as this is already getting quite long ... Stay tuned ... Same bat time, same bat channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment