Thursday, October 14, 2010

It takes a village

It's loud here. It's busy. There's always people around. Finding solitude is near impossible. And that's exactly how Loren Cunningham, the founder of YWAM wanted it.
In his book "Is That Really You, God?" he writes that he designed this Kona campus to look like a village where everyone would live together in a relationship-oriented lifestyle.
Now, this is quite different from my sanctuary at Lake Margaret. This whole noise thing from sun up to sun down was concerning me. I wondered how would I ever find my peace?
So, I went to Walmart and grabbed a pack of earplugs to silence the buzz. As I stood in the aisle contemplating my purchase, I felt the need to put them back. It just didn't seem right to pay $2 to fight against what God is obviously wanting to do in my life.
It all makes sense today as I read that it wasn't by mistake that this campus is so active, that's what it was meant to be. Who am I to mess with that?
On our way back to campus I asked Micah's teacher Mariya if she knew what all the construction hub bub was near our apartment. She said that it's the stage for YWAM's 50th Anniversary Celebration in November. Oh, God, you sure do have a sense of humor!
Did I mention that they're expecting nearly 5,000 people?

No comments:

Post a Comment