Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Put on the full armor

I just watched the movie "Killing Fields" in preparation for our outreach in Cambodia. My heart broke. Then, my heart was gripped with fear.
Something inside said there's no way that I will take my children to anywhere that even has the remote possibility that my children will be hurt! Even as I was feeling this, I knew that wasn't what God wanted for me or my family. But, what could I do?
Yesterday the guest speaker, Tray Shephard, said that all too often Chrisitanity looks like people guarding the walls of a castle, saying that if you want to come in, you need to learn our language, culture and ways.
But, Tray says, we as Christians need to be finding the evil in the world and vanquishing it in the name of Jesus. That we shouldn't go with our fists, but with our arms wide open. And, sometimes our warrior cry is actually our tears.
It was in that moment, that truth, that I saw a picture in my mind of me placing a helmet on Isaiah and handing Levi a small dagger.
We are using this time God has given us in Kona we are prepare for battle. Not as the world battles, but how our Heavenly Father does His warfare. Those times will be filled with compassion, tears and love. It might look like us going into an orphanage, or feeding the hungry or giving hope to the hopeless. Whatever it is, we as a family are standing up and saying, "Yes, Lord, choose me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment