Thursday, October 7, 2010

The price

I don't know if there's any way to cushion what's been going on in my heart the past day. I don't know if there's any way to say it nicely. So, I'm just going to say it ... Let's not live any longer with a cheap view of God.
I had the privileged opportunity to speak with several people from China who are here on the YWAM base. As we're sharing our stories it becomes quickly evident that our journeys are not the same, that our sacrifices are not the same, that our reverence for all things God are not the same.
In sadness I realized that we are allowed to worship God freely, but how many of us really give Him the worship He deserves?
But these people risk it all, give their all and hunger for all things God despite the possibility of persecution. Would I be willing to do the same? Would I be willing to walk the path they have chosen? Am I really ready to say "take it all?"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, nicely said! We have no idea the high price of worshiping God that others pay, and we take for granted!

    ReplyDelete